We employ nurses and other allied health professionals. Together they provide a comprehensive array of primary care nursing services that complement the work of our GPs. They are your main point of contact for chronic disease management such as diabetic care, cardiovascular disease management and asthma and COPD reviews. They offer cervical screening tests. They can check your ears and syringe them without you seeing a doctor first. They offer travel advice and vaccines. They can see and treat minor injuries such as cuts and burns.
Our nurses have various specialities and competencies:
- Sister Janet Scott is a nurse practitioner specialising in respiratory disease care and diabeties, minor ailments, asthma/COPD, smears and travel vaccinations.
- Sister Julie Vitty specialises in diabeties including insulin & other injections and is trained in contraception services and travel vaccinations.
- Sister Jean Rutter is a former district nurse and specialises in wound dressing and travel vaccinations.
- Sister Annie Hall specialises in respiratory disease care, diabeties, and smears.
- Sister Jo Hamilton is a former district nurse.
- Sisters Vikki Briggs and Lynfa Fairhurst are highly trained practitioners who can see all patients who would normally see a GP. They have easy access to the GPs for advice and can get the GPs to review patients if needed.
- Sharon McDonald is a healthcare assistant who can take bloods, carry out ECGs and dress wounds.
- Michelle Ferguson is our trainee nurse associate who can do bloods, ECGs and dress wounds.